Home About » Course Info
THE COURSE AT A GLANCE
This course focuses on the mutual relationship between ADP-ribosylation research and our current knowledge of molecular mechanisms underlying cellular stress responses. It will cover a wide range of topics including recent highlights in the fields of ADP-ribosylation, ubiquitinylation, heat shock and nutritional as well as oxygen stress responses, to present PhD students and postdoctoral scientists, as well as academic and institute research fellows, with novel aspects of pharmaceutical targeting. Plenary lectures, poster sessions, panel discussions and speaker’s corners / meet-the-experts sessions will address and encourage the interaction of young scientists with the invited experts in discussions about science and career paths.
- The official language of the course is English.
- The whole course (scientific programme, accommodation and most meals) will be held at the Miramare Hotel in Castellammare di Stabia, close to Naples, Italy. More information regarding the venue can be found here
- The value of the standard registration fee is 560 EUR (inc. VAT) and it includes access to all course sessions, name badge, bag, book of abstracts, accommodation for five nights at shared room occupancy, all meals and social programme.
- A number of meeting bursaries for PhD students and postdoctoral scientists within five years of having completed a PhD thesis will be available. All bursaries cover the full registration fee and some contribute also towards travel costs. For application to meeting bursaries, abstract submission is mandatory.
- The majority of the speakers have confirmed their presence and the complete programme, excluding presenters and titles of short talks and flash presentations, will shortly be available for download. Any changes to the programme will be duly advertised. All abstracts will be available closer to the meeting.
- To foster scientific networking, the number of places available is limited to 70. A participant versus speaker rate of 6:1 and several “meet the speakers/experts” session will further encourage interaction between participants and invited speakers.
- Participation is welcome from undergraduate and postgraduate students through to group leaders, from both academia and industry, and from the lab to the clinic.
- Acceptance will be selected mostly on a first come, first served basis. However, but CVs and submitted abstracts, representation of different topics at the event, career stage, geographical distribution and gender balance may be taken into consideration.Although the focus of the course is on cell stress and ADP-ribosylation, there will also be lectures on technological aspects such as mass spectrometry and microscopy.
- For application to the course, abstract submission is required. Moreover, a large number of abstracts will be selected for flash presentations and short talks.
- To allow young scientists from across the sciences to showcase their research, abstracts from research fields other than cell stress and/or ADP-ribosylation may be considered for poster presentation, at the discretion of the organizers. Please, note that, in these cases, participants must duly explain in their motivation letters the reasons for submitting. Note also that these abstracts will not be considered for meeting bursaries, prizes, flash presentations or short talks.